To engage pupils in systematic enquiry into significant human questions which religion and worldviews address, so that they can develop the understanding and skills needed to appreciate and appraise varied responses to these questions, as well as develop responses of their own.
- To promote the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils at the school and of society
- To prepare pupils at the school for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life.
- To know about and understand a range of religions and worldviews
- To express ideas and insights about the nature, significance and impact of religions and worldviews
- To gain and deploy the skills needed to engage seriously with religions and worldviews